Do you love growthhackers.com and how they use post ranking to have their most popular content pushed to the top? Well now you can run your very own growth hackers type website using WordPress with the Epic Hackers Theme MK1.
What does running the Epic Hackers theme on your website give you?
- Beautiful front end posting forms that slide into view
- Up/down voting from your visitors
- Content submissions from your visitors
- Articles and Questions post types (split your site content in two)
- Keep your users attention by varying content across your website
- Have a website that has a similar look and feel to growthhackers.com (check out how it used to look)
Beautiful front end posting
The Epic Hackers theme is great for allowing your website visitors to submit content to your site. Content is king. The front end form lets visitors, when logged in, post content. They can choose between Question or Article.
The Epic Hackers theme uses the same up/down voting algorithm as the WPeddit Theme. The most popular content rises to the top. This is decided by number of votes and the age of the post.
You can ‘Expand’ the detail to see a bit more about the Article, as shown below. This keeps the post listings nice and compact without making the user scroll through all the descriptions before finding a post they like the look of.
Keeping your website fresh with new content is always a good thing. The hackers theme gives you front end posting and you can handle both Questions or Articles from your website members. This is great if you want to keep links to interesting articles separate to things like ‘What’s the best way to grow a website’ type questions.
Articles and Questions
Split content websites are a great way to keep users interest. If they’re just reading your blog posts they won’t stay as long or return as much. If they’ve posted a question which gets lots of answers (which they can comment on) then they’re likely to return. Splitting your website content between ‘Articles’ and ‘Questions’ in the way that the hackers theme allows is a great way to boost the variety in your site.
The Epic Hackers theme is packed with awesome features
- Up / down voting on content
- Front end content submissions
- Articles or questions (custom post types)
- Customised theme my login pages
- Topics section
- Hot posts widget area to display the best content in the sidebar